In today’s society, I often feel like the virtue of kindness is lost. Since when have we lost our ability to be human, to smile or even just pay a compliment to someone? And in all honesty, it makes me sad. I do acknowledge that there are numerous kind people out there. Thank you for making the world that much better J I am far from perfect. Yes I ignore people, yes I have said nasty things, yes I have cut-off people in traffic, but this is something I am continually working on, because I acknowledge that a kinder me, will be a much happier one. Being kind doesn’t take a lot of work, but it can make a huge difference in someone’s life. I have been speaking to lots of people I know and thought it would be fun to create random acts of kindness list. There are probably very few people who regret being kind and I’m tired of regretting being mean, rude and selfish. It’s my goal to participate in more random acts of kindness in the future, and I hope this list will help you do that as well!
- Make dinner for a friend and rent their favourite movie.
- Take muffins and warm tea/coffee for your team at work.
- Keep snacks in your car to give to the homeless.
- Write a letter or send a card “just because” to let someone know you were thinking about them and just how special they are.
- Leave a larger tip than you normally would.
- Offer to watch someone’s children so they can take a break.
- Let someone go ahead of you at the grocery store.
- Buy the cashier at the supermarket his/her favourite chocolate.
- Donate old books/toys to a local shelter.
- Help someone carry their grocery bags.
- Bake cookies for your neighbors.
- Let your spouse sleep in and make them breakfast in bed.
- Leave a nice comment on someone’s picture or status on Facebook/Instagram etc.
- Leave random sticky notes with kind quotes on the mirror of a public restroom.
- Offer to give someone your trolley as they are walking up to a store.
- Let someone have the better parking spot.
- Tutor underprivileged kids on a weekend.
- Go to a retirement home and spend time with the elderly.
- Pay the toll for someone’s behind you.
- Compliment someone randomly (whether you know them or not!)
- Drop off extra fruit and veggies from your garden to someone you know is in need.
- Hold the door for someone.
- Volunteer to help clean an animal shelter.
- Collect gifts for the children’s ward at a hospital in need.
- Randomly buy a stranger a bunch of flowers.
- Talk to the cashier at the supermarket about his/her day.
- Help someone move (or offer to help clean).
- Drop off a pizza to someone who just had a baby, had surgery, or you just think might need a break from dinner making.
- Send extra copies of a nice photo to the people who are in them.
- Send a care package to a soldier, missionary, or college student.
- Pick up trash off the street.
- Feed a shelter with friends.
Please leave comments with anymore ideas you may have and lets all come together to make this world a kinder place.
Pastel colours are just delectable. Think macaroons and sweet sorbets. Candyfloss pinks to delicate baby blues are bound to sweeten any summer day.
Well, having an older sister who always spoils me (i.e. buys me awesome clothes) is also rather sweet. So thank you for this gorgeous dress and please do buy me a few more 🙂
Dress – Warehouse
Shoes – Aldo
Bag – Zulu Lulu
Happy Friday everyone!!!
For some odd reason, everyone I know seems to be hosting an all white party, so this happens to be the perfect excuse for me to try all white ensembles. And in all honesty, white on white provides one with the perfect canvas to create numerous looks.
- White can be just as flattering as black if it is worn properly. And that being said, no, white does not instantly make you look like you’ve eaten one too many chocolate puddings.
- Do Mix and match different fabrics to add texture to your look. This keeps things interesting and fresh. I’ve mixed denim and cotton today!
- I love white clothing mixed with metallics. It helps keep ones look less clinical.
- Make sure that your white ensemble isn’t tight. This will draw attention to every body flaw possible.
- When wearing white make sure that your under garments are neutral skin tones. White or black can usually be seen through your clothing and looks tacky.
Shirt – Mr Price
Jeans – Zara
Shoes – Zoom
Handbag – Zulu Lulu
Gold Accessories – Zulu Lulu
My verdict – swing dresses have to be the most comfy thing to wear in the world. So comfy that I need to get my hands on a few more. These dresses are loose fitting and perfect for summer temperatures.
And the bonus, they are extremely stylish and can be dressed up or down. You can team one of these dresses with heels, jewellery and a boxy clutch for an evening look or dress it down with a pair of sandals for the day.
However you choose to wear your swing dress you will look stylish and on trend every time.
Dress – Market in Malaysia
Mules – Spitz
Have an amazing day everyone!
Be safe 🙂
I love fringes. There’s just something about adding a little bohemian, romantic flair to one’s look and of course, I’m doing it in the form of fringes. I have seen it everywhere, from bags to dresses and honestly, I am in love with every piece.
There are so many ways to incorporate this trend into one’s look without looking like you’ve just hopped off a Wild Wild West horse. The key is to keep it simple. There is no need to go bohemian from head-to-toe. Choose one bohemian piece to make a statement. I have incorporated fringed heels into my look. Hope this helps you find some bohemian inspiration!
Shirt – Mr Price
Belt – 32 Clothing
Pants – Zara
Shoes – Rage
Bag – Guess
Happy Sunday Everyone 🙂
Tribal jewellery seems to be an ongoing trend that shows no signs of stopping. Well I am not complaining. Jewellery which features fringing, beading, feathers and graphic prints add a cultural element to ones look. Tribal jewellery also turns a simple outfit into a statement one. I love the idea of layering different tribal accessories. Today I have actually layered my neckpiece with skinny belts.
There are no rules. The point is to embrace your individuality and style and make the look your own.
Dress – Country Road
Skinny Belts – Mr Price
Shoes – Miss Selfridge
Necklace – Zulu Lulu
Bag – Guess
Happy Friday Everyone!!!
Unlike most fashion trends, the LBD is one which never changes. It is the epitome of timeless fashion. So today, I have favoured, head-to-toe black. I find all black to be super chic and extremely flattering.
Being a banker by profession means that sometimes, despite everyone being in casual December mode, I have meetings and forums to attend and my go to getup is always something black (today being no different). And for every female, the LBD is a wardrobe essential! As a rule of fashion, chic-ness and style every woman needs to own an elegant black dress that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion!
Dress – Mango
Stockings – Woolworths
Shoes – Asos
Happy All Black Thursday Everyone 🙂